In Focus: Planning and Environment Court Practice in Merits Appeals
QELA, together with the Queensland Law Society and the QLD Bar Association, are pleased to bring this event to the profession.
Join His Honour Judge Williamson KC for a closer look at the new suite of Planning and Environment Court Practice Directions issued on 7 December 2023 (Practice Directions 1 of 2023 to 11 of 2023).
This seminar will focus primarily on two critical points in the merits appeal process under the new Practice Directions, being the first return date and the pre-callover review or pre-hearing review at which readiness for hearing must be demonstrated. The seminar will touch on a range of matters, including:
- preparation for a first return date and callover week;
- the type and extent of material expected in Court on each occasion; and
- why the first return date is critical to determining the path to hearing.
The seminar will also include general observations from the bench about the implementation of the Practice Directions including the extent to which they might be applied to existing proceedings.
- His Honour Judge Williamson KC
- Q&A Convenor: Ben Job KC
- Seminar Chair: Michael Connor, Connor O’Meara
Please note, the registration prices below EXCLUDE GST. GST will be added during the payment process.
Members need to log in to book at member rates.