Understanding Native Title: the fundamentals
For those in the Planning and Environment sector, when Native Title matters arise they can often pose challenges and complexities. This seminar will seek to provide an overview of the Native Title process and assist members to facilitate better outcomes for all parties.
Topics to be addressed include:
- what is Native Title;
- the claims process - connection and extinguishment;
- what are future acts and key future act provisions;
- the role of Indigenous Land Use Agreements;
- Native Title compensation, including provisions entitling a party to compensation and how to compensation is assessed and calculated; and
- the role of the National Native Title Tribunal (NNTT) and the Federal Court.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions this event will be live streamed.
Member Nerida Cooley, National Native Title Tribunal
Tony Denholder, Partner, Ashurst
Avelina Tarrago, Barrister-at-Law
Members please log in to secure your complimentary ticket.
Please note, the registration prices below EXCLUDE GST. GST will be added during the payment process.