Environmental offsets: a Queensland and Federal perspective
This seminar will consider environmental offsets at both the Queensland and Federal levels, including practical insights and issues that our speakers have encountered in their day to day dealings with the regime. Issues around the duplication of offset requirements and potential inconsistencies (e.g. interpretations of legislation) between the State and Federal perspectives will be addressed, as well as the interaction with local government environmental offset requirements.
Proposed reforms of the Queensland offset scheme will be discussed, as well as the offset related recommendations highlighted by the independent review of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (Cth) by Professor Graeme Samuel AC. We will consider associated changes on the horizon. The seminar will also reflect on global developments associated with environmental offsets and the lessons they offer for Australia.
- Professor Martine Maron, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, The University of Queensland
- David Francis, Ecologist, Cardno
- Amelia Selles, A/Manager, Offsets Policy, Department of Environment and Science
- Murray Saunders, Director, Saunders Havill Group
- Charlotte Loos, Senior Associate, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- Dare Lawrence, Project Environmental Scientist, Epic Environmental
Please note, the registration prices below EXCLUDE GST. GST will be added during the payment process.
This event will be live streamed.